|CHAPLAIN RESOURCE INDEX|
|— WELCOME CHAPLAIN|
|— THE ROLE OF CHAPLAIN|
|— THE MINISTRY OF CHAPLAINCY|
|— GRIEF: CARING FOR THOSE THAT HURT|
|— MINISTERING TO THE SICK|
|— PRAYING WITH A PATIENT|
|— BASIC LISTENING SKILLS|
|— WHEN GOD SHOWS UP|
|— COMMON SENSE EVANGELISM|
|— CONVERSION BY CONCUSSION|
|— STANDARDS FOR BIKER CHAPLAINS|
Unity of the Spirit in Christian Motorcycle Ministries
12 Steps to Unity
We must rejoice over unity as a precious gift from God, while protecting it as a valued treasure. A lot of us have personal experience with a 12-step program and have found value in doing the steps. I'd like to present these 12 steps to Unity, practical ways we must commit ourselves to for insuring the unity of the Spirit in and between our respective ministries:
1. I will recognize the call and gifts from God in all of my fellow biker brothers and sisters in Christ, Black Sheep or other M/M’s alike.
2. I will exercise vigilance over our unity, guarding it with the same fervor that our Lord showed in praying for our unity as disciples.
3. I will commit to speaking well of my Black Sheep brothers and sisters in Christ, and will publicly express appreciation for them as well as all Christian M/M’s. They are my ministry teammates, whatever their affiliation.
4. I will pray diligently and fervently for the blessing of God upon my teammates, Black Sheep or other M/M’s alike.
5. I will affirm the co-equal importance of planting, watering and supporting ministries.
6. I will shoulder responsibility for the ministry assigned to me, and at the same time exercise prayerful concern for the organization's ministry in its entirety.
7. I understand and accept that in the 'heat of battle" there will be misunderstandings, conflicts and offenses.
8. I will deal with offenses promptly and appropriately with compassion, understanding and love.
9. I will listen intently in order to understand the other person's perspective.
10. I will avoid judging the motives of a fellow Black Sheep or other M/M’s, because I cannot see my brother or sister's heart.
11. I will forgive others on the team without hesitation or precondition, knowing that I, too, will need frequent forgiveness for my offenses.
12. I will commit myself to becoming better acquainted with my teammates, Black Sheep and other M/M’s alike. Jesus Himself said that believers and non-believers alike are watching, and our love for each other is the evidence that our faith is real.
This page is currently under construction. Please check back occasionally for updates.
International Chaplain: JW "Bear" Gardner
|< Prev||Next >|